Essence BOOtiful Nights 2017 Halloween collection review | Halloween

When I saw the 2017 Halloween collection, BOOtiful Nights, from Essence, I instantly fell in love. The packaging is so cute and I just love Halloween inspired make-up or just things in general. 


The Essence BOOtiful Nights collection contains:
  • A black and a white make-up and powder sponge:
    01 the boo crew
  • Eyeshadow Palette:
    01 no tricks, just treats
  • Two Duo Pencil Lip, Eye & Face:
    01 I’m a Ghost Writer
    02 you look bootiful tonight
  • (S) cream Contouring Set:
    01 too cute to spook
  • Lashes:
    01 hello queen and pumpking
  • Glow in the Dark Top Coat:
    01 witch off the light
  • Liquid Matt Lipsticks
    01 no more bat days
    02 where did i park my broom?
    03 you make my heart go boo
  • Nail Polishes
    01 i witch you were here
    02 dawn of the red
    03 let’s boo-gy-woogy
  • Nail Decoration
    01 those boos are made for spooking 

I bought a lot from the collection because the collection is so cute! I didn’t really buy the nail products because I barely wear nail polish because I work at a fruit & vegetable store and we’re not allowed to wear nail polish.
The following products are the products that I’ve bought and I also swatched them for you guys to see!


The first product I bought is the eyeshadow palette. The eyeshadow palette is so cute and adorable. Unfortunately it’s not that pigmented. You can barely see the white, the black is more grey and the sparkly grey is okay, not too pigmented but still sparkly. When I used these eyeshadows, there was a lot of fallout, but like A LOT!


Then I have two pencils, they are suitable for the eyes, lips and the face. I don’t have anything bad to say about these pencils, the only thing that I did notice was that these pencils were a little on the bigger side. It’s not too big of a problem, but I did want to mention it.


I recently bought the Nyx SFX Creams but I still wanted to try the Essence creams. I’ve swatched both the Nyx and Essence creams and they’re really similar. Even though I swatched both, you can only see the Essence ones in the picture. The only big difference with the Nyx creams is that they’re bigger and pricier. I don’t have anything bad to say about these creams, they’re really pigmented.



The lashes are so cute! Unfortunately I already made my cat make-up look, otherwise I could’ve used them because they’re so adorable. These lashes are kind of hard to apply because they have a little bow on top of them, so when you want to put them on with your tweezers, it’s a struggle. You don’t want to ruin the little bow, but you also want to apply them beautifully. 


And the last products that I’ve bought are the liquid lipsticks. I think that I was the most excited for these products! I love liquid lipsticks and I was wondering whether these were going to be good quality lipsticks. I already have a black liquid lipstick, but it’s a creamy finish (the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Alien), so I wanted to try out this black one to see if it’s matt. All three of these liquid lipsticks are completely matt and they’re really pigmented. The blue and the purple were a little harder to apply but with a second layer, everything was opaque. In the picture you can see that the purple isn’t applied evenly, but I wanted to show how the purple looked without a second layer.


I wanted to create a look with all the Essence Halloween products and I’m really happy with the result!
Overall I really like the creams, the pencils and the liquid lipsticks. The eyeshadow palette and the lashes weren’t my favourites. I really like this collection, it’s so cute and inexpensive. If you happen to pass by this collection in the store, make sure to check it out and let me know what you think of this collection! 👻🎃❤